Tuesday, August 21, 2012

       OUR NOT SO HUNGRY CATERPILLAR

                            AUG. 18, 2012

































WELL Y'ALL......

The party was a blast! Everything from Super Husby slaving over unfinished projects late every night for the last 2 weeks to the caterpillar crafts (& yes I can spell 'Caterpillar' - Sorry bout the invitation typo), It was all & more than I hoped it to be!

Note the significance of the theme....

Anyone who knows my sweet baby Ledger knows that he has been quit the handful in his first year.  He's down right put us through the ringer & thats putting it mildly. He's meticulous & fussy, a true Virgo!! But he's also super cuddly & joyfully spirited (& judging by the way he chases the vacuum he's due to be a true motor head just like his papa). And even through my sleep deprivation, new mommy hormones, & the rollercoaster that is a 3 child household I still see it through a different set of eyes.

  The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle was the very first book I read to Luke & I remember seeing the look on his face as I turned the pages.  He sat on my lap & would turn his head up to look at me w/ that gorgeous smile then turn back to the book.  Fast forward ahead 5 years, sitting in bed w/ my new baby reading The very hungry caterpillar & a sudden flashback to THAT moment w/ Luke & thinking.....treasure every moment. 5 years from now, you will look back & say it's gone to fast. And it has. 

So in honor of cherishing time, The Very Hungry Caterpillar seemed the perfect theme.

  Now Luke is officially starting kindergarden coincidentally only 2 days after Ledger turns 1!!! (SAD FACE) 
Nothing can prepare you for motherhood & all that comes w/ it. But it's that unknown - the complete unpreparedness, that enables you to cherish each new day as a mother. They have grown. I have grown. We have grown together.

No comments:

Post a Comment