Thursday, March 29, 2012

CRAWLING TO ADULTHOOD

I'll love you FOREVER,

I'll like you for ALWAYS,

As long as i'm living,

My BABY you'll be.










I can’t stand it! He’s pretty much a senior citizen of babyhood. Just getting bigger & bigger & even starting to crawl! I’d think most Mamas cheer and whip out the video camera to catch this moment – instead… I run for the biggest roll of xsoft n’ plushy TP to catch my croc tears. WooWAHHH! I told him to stop growing but apparently he’s already not minding me. Great. Sob-fest. Sniff sniff.




I never thought I’d be one to say I’m having a bittersweet experience with my baby's milestones. But it’s true. Maybe it's because I know this will be my last little beenie.  He's waving BYE BYE to infant-hood {TEAR}.
Only a few months ago, spending time on the phone or computer or even working out may have been no biggie. But now my phone’s on vibrate & the TV is turned off  in exchange for what matters most.....TIME PEOPLE!!
Whether it’s playing a round of cards w/ Aiden, pushing Lukey on his swing, letting both of them help prepare meals, or rolling on the floor making my most embarrassing faces at the sledge {I.E. Ledger} just to get a smile … all of it is time spent together.
I’ll be the first one to say I’m guilty of associating quality time with some sort of planned activity or project. But you know what? It doesn’t have to be that at all. It can be as simple as him tossing the pillows on the bed when I make it in the morning. Powdering my nose with blush and laughing that he gets most of it in my eyes. Looking for birds in the trees. Or even singing “Old McDonald” in the car instead of listening to the radio.
Life spent with our little ones goes so quickly. There’s not the extra time for saying, “Just a minute, son.” or “When I’m finished, ok?”
To be in our children’s memories tomorrow, we have to be in their lives today.


XOXO,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment